Sales Business Development Representative (Entry Level)- SDR/BDR
- Position type: full-time, indefinite
- Seniority: Entry level (individual contributor)
- Location:Remote (desired time zone between UTC-8 and UTC-4)
- Compensation: USD 72,500 OTE annual + stock options
- Fully remote work & flexible hours;
- 37 days/year of vacation & holidays, paid time off, and unlimited sick days;
- Health insurance allowance;
- Company-provided equipment;
- Remote work & equipment allowances;
- Company-sponsored in-person events twice a year (in 2022, we met in Comporta, Portugal & Madrid, Spain!);
- Great diverse & inclusive people-first culture.
At Athenian, our mission is to help engineering leaders build better software, faster by leveraging metrics and insights. We provide a data-enabled engineering platform that offers end-to-end visibility into the software delivery lifecycle.
We are a team of 25+ working remotely across the world. We’re committed to building a healthy and diverse team of individuals who are ready to grow and care about our mission and values.
We’re looking for individuals from all backgrounds to join us in building the next category leader in the space together with our amazing investors, and customers, large and small.
About the role
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for Athenian’s sales organization. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a path for success and career growth within Athenian for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work toward that goal.
We’re looking for candidates who are:
- Responsible and professional
- Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude
- Competitive, driven by results and motivated to develop your career in sales
- Organized and committed to excellence
- Disciplined and communicative in remote environments
- Collaborative and with a strong team-spirit
- Curious and interested in learning new things
- Great research skills
- Native English, written and spoken
- Consistent track record of overachieving
*Previous experience a plus, but not required!
Your first 3-6 months
- Consistently meet sales goals and targets
- Learn the Athenian products and messaging
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, scripts, Outbound Cadence Tech Stack, product info, etc.
- Build relationships within the sales + other teams at Athenian, ie: marketing, product, engineering, and more!
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn about the market and business
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to exceed goals and maintain momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
Sales at Athenian
The sales at Athenian is growing. You will have the opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled team to help execute the go-to-market & sales strategy and help build a B2B sales organization from early stages.
The hiring process is composed of multiple steps where you’ll have the opportunity to meet key members of the team. All stages are completed remotely and can take a week or however long you’d be comfortable with - we adapt to your schedule. As for the steps we typically follow:
- Screening Call
- Long-form Interview
- Cultural Fit
- Offer or Feedback
Culture at Athenian
Athenian is a fully remote company. At the moment, we are 25+ people from diverse countries working together in a distributed way. Hours are flexible, and you set your schedule. Freedom comes with responsibility, and we focus on outcomes.
We value collaboration and feedback, whether from our CEO, product or engineering teams, or customers because we know that the best ideas can come from anywhere. We also strongly believe in transparency, which reflects how we operate internally and externally.
We believe in moving fast in the right direction, velocity > speed. We play to win and empower our team members to make brave decisions quickly (when easily reversible), allowing us to positively impact our clients and reach our goals.
We need to be loud in a space that is just starting and where Athenian can play a critical role. We play to win because we believe the way we do can have an incredibly meaningful impact on engineers' lives everywhere.
We are kind-hearted and care about each other's growth and well-being. We work as much on our craft as on our body and mind. And we do it as a team.
We are inclusive and welcome diversity. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.