Senior Customer Success Engineer
Position: full-time, indefinite contract
Location: Remote (desired time zone between UTC-3 and UTC+3)
Compensation: 55.000 - 70.000 EUR/year + stock options (both based on seniority level)
- Fully remote work & flexible hours;
- 37 days/year of vacation & holidays;
- Health insurance allowance;
- Company-provided equipment;
- Remote work & equipment allowances;
- Company-sponsored in-person events twice a year (in 2022, we met in Comporta, Portugal & Madrid, Spain!);
- Great diverse & inclusive people-first culture.
At Athenian, our mission is to help engineering leaders build better software, faster by leveraging metrics and insights. We provide a data-enabled engineering platform that offers end-to-end visibility into the software delivery lifecycle.
We are a team of 25+ working remotely across the world. We’re committed to building a healthy and diverse team of individuals who are ready to grow and care about our mission and values.
We’re looking for individuals from all backgrounds to join us in building the next category leader in the space together with our amazing investors, and customers, large and small.
About the role
As a Customer Success Engineer at Athenian, you will partner with our customers and be responsible for their onboarding and implementation. Our goal is to train them on how to use our product and support them on the rollout of Athenian throughout their teams. You will often need to think as an Engineering leader to address their specific needs, but a lot of what we do is enabling our champions to build trust internally.
As part of the Engineering Success team, you're responsible to feed back all feedback and learnings to our Product team as well and you can expect to have a meaningful impact on our roadmap!
More specifically - our Customer Success Engineer will support our customers in automating some of their most common activities and offer best practices on how to do some of these as best as possible. While engaging in deep discussions around engineering processes and practices, you’ll need to be seen as a technical expert they can respect and trust. Over time, we also expect you to contribute by being a thought-leader on how high-performance engineering organizations need to operate - allowing you to build a brand for yourself among the engineering leadership community.
Internally, you can expect to help write technical documentation and support our team to become increasingly more scalable and allow our customers to become more and more autonomous. You’ll be the voice of the customer within Athenian; you’ll represent customer needs and challenges to our internal teams and you’ll act as the promoter of a customer-first mindset that keeps pushing our product and team to be extremely customer-centric.
Skills & Experience
- Full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken. The ability to communicate comes first, no matter the level of technical skills.
- Ability to explain complex information to customers clearly and concisely;
- Previous experience as a developer, technical support engineer, or another technical background;
- Practical knowledge of GitHub, Jira, and other modern engineering toolsets;
- Deep knowledge of Agile, Devops, XP, and other development methodologies;
- Eagerness to understand what are the customer needs, supporting them with our product, or extending the product to support them on their needs;
- Senior technical troubleshooting capabilities (REST, SQL and React);
- Process and detail oriented;
- High sense of urgency;
- High-level of autonomy and get it done attitude.
Culture at Athenian
- We are inclusive and welcome diversity. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
- Athenian is a fully remote company. At the moment, we are 25+ people from several different countries working closely together in a fully-distributed way. Hours are flexible, and you set your own schedule. Freedom comes with responsibility and we focus on outcomes. We put a lot of value into collaboration and feedback, no matter if it comes from our CEO, a customer, Product, or Engineering because we know that the best ideas can come from anywhere.
- We believe in transparency and collaboration, which reflects how we operate internally and externally. We believe in moving fast in the right direction, velocity > speed. We play to win and are ready to be brave and loud. We all have ownership to make brave decisions quickly (when easily reversible) that allow us to care for our clients and mission. We believe we need to be loud in a space that is just starting and where Athenian can play a critical role. We play to win because we believe the way we are solving for, can have a disproportionately meaningful impact in the lives of engineers everywhere.
- We are humane and care about each other's growth and well-being. We’re playing to win, so we work as much on our craft as on our body and mind, and we do it as a team.
The hiring process is composed of multiple steps where you’ll have the opportunity to meet key members of the team, it’s a two-way process for both you and Athenian to find out more about each other. All stages are completed remotely and can take a week or however long you’d be comfortable with - we adapt to your schedule.